IRS Tax Refund-Hawaii and California Taxpayers Must File IRS Tax Return to Receive Tax Stimulus Payment or Tax Refund

Los Angeles Tax Attorney – The Internal Revenue Service announced today that Hawaii and California taxpayers in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Honolulu, El Monte, Torrance, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Redondo Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana who normally do not file a tax return but must do so this year in order to receive their 2008 IRS tax economic stimulus payment.

IRS Taxpayers who haven’t filed tax returns in the past must have at least $3,000 of income from any combination of earned income, Social Security retirement or disability benefits, certain Railroad retirement benefits, or disability compensation, disability pension, or survivor benefits paid by the Veterans Affairs. The minimum economic stimulus payment is $300 for individuals and $600 for married couples. Contact your IRS tax attorney to verify your tax status.

To obtain a payment, all people who are eligible for payments of up to $600 for individuals ($1,200 for married couples) must file a tax return in order for the IRS to know their name, address and eligibility. Parents also may qualify for a $300 payment for each eligible child younger than 17. Valid Social Security numbers are required.

The IRS also urges all tax return filers to use direct deposit, if they have a checking or savings account, because it is the fastest way to receive an economic stimulus payment.

Once people file an IRS tax return, they don’t need to do anything more. The IRS will do the rest. The IRS will begin issuing payments starting in May. IRS taxpayers in Honolulu, Hawaii or those in California cities including Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Fresno, Sacramento, Oakland, Santa Ana must file their return
Without A Payment Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Fresno, CA 93888-0002

With A Payment Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Fresno, CA 93888-0102
IRS taxpayers in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming can also use the address above to submit their returns.

Contact Information